Pages

Monday, April 18, 2011

Stir Fried Shrimp and Snow Peas with Coconut Curry Sauce


Stir fried shrimp and snow peas with coconut curry sauce

Did this wonderful recipe from America's Test Kitchen: Healthy Family Cookbook. It has so much taste and was really delicious. I put it in all my recipe books: Recipe journal, recipe Bok and big recipe book for eternity (the one I say will have all great recipes discovered!)

This idea I got from Arturo's aunt who has this very old recipe journal/notebook that's more than 30 years old, I took pictures of every page to later copy them but alas! I lost all these pictures and will have to take the pictures on our next visit to Tlaxcala.




Coca with Arturo's brother over Christmas dinner table

Apizaco is a small town in the state of Tlaxcala in the center region of Mexico. We go once a year, although I wish we could go a lot more, we eat wonderfully and the aunts and Arturo's grandmother are so warm and lovely. Coca (my new grandmother) will never give you a praise for a recipe she'll say "It's regular", but with good humor. Nobody can say anything on such comments as she is the master cook. She was even asked to do banquets a few decades back. She is now over 80 years old and has back problems and fragile bones, but she still managed to come to our wedding in Monterrey 2 years ago, broken arm and all. Such a wonderful lady.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.